Great news! We have extended the deadline for submissions!
LGBTTIQQ2SA Stories of Pride, Courage and Social Justice in Canada
Interested in submitting an essay? New deadline is JANUARY 31st, 2014
Details available below and at http://norccrea.nipissingu.ca/submissions.htm
LGBTTIQQ2SA Stories of Pride, Courage
and Social Justice in Canada
Submission Criteria and Information
Breakwater Books Ltd., in partnership with Egale Canada Human Rights Trust, is issuing a call for essays on the experience of LGBTTIQQ2SA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersexual, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited and Allies) pride, courage and social justice in Canada. Essays will be selected based on the quality of the writing, the perspective from which they are written, and will reflect the diversity of the people of our country. The essays that are selected will be published together in a book set to be released in 2014.
Eligibility Criteria and Rules
- Submission must be a non-fiction, personal essay that reflects the related challenges and barriers, as well as the pride, courage and social justice, of living as an LGBTTIQQ2SA community member of Canada.
- Writer must be an LGBTTIQQ2SA community member, a friend or family member of an LGBTTIQQ2SA community member, an LGBTTIQQ2SA service provider, or have some other relationship or experience with the LGBTTIQQ2SA community.
- Writer must be a resident of Canada.
- Writer must be 19 years of age or older, or have parental or guardian permission to participate. If under 19, parent or guardian must sign the application form that accompanies the submission.
- Writers must use their real names on the application form as they will be contacted by the publisher for verification purposes.
- Only one submission per person.
Essays must be a minimum of 750 words to a maximum of 2000 words.
Format and Instructions
Essays must be accompanied by the application form completed in full. Submissions must be typed, single-spaced, in Word format with page numbers and emailed as an attachment. Entries will not be returned. Please save a copy of your work.
Deadline: Submissions must be received by email no later than January 31st, 2014.
Please email your submissions in Word format with completed application form to:
For more information, please contact:Douglas Gosse email@example.com For more information, please contact: Douglas Gosse, General Editor Phone: 1-519-752-1524 ext.7522 Fax: 1-519-752-8372 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org